* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
4/5August 16, 2015
Reviewer: A customer in Massachusetts
* These hot dog buns were tasty. But, they tasted exactly like the Great Low Carb Bread Co.'s Hamburger Buns. Not a bad thing, per se. Same taste, different shape. But, the richness of the bread takes on a slightly different effect combined with a hot dog.
I think we're accustomed to those fluffy, light, airy hot dog buns of summers past, and these are not them. They are quite dense and filling, and can take away the taste of the hot dog more readily than the Hamburger Bun does for the burger.
That said, they were still enjoyable. I would reorder. But, one hot dog bun per meal is quite enough. These buns would probably be better served as a roll for a sausage, or shaved steak.
* These hot dog buns filled the bill for our 4th of July cookout. You definitely need bun length hot dogs for these buns. I split down the middle and toasted with butter in a skillet. They are a bit chewy, like a bagel, but for 2 net carbs I'm not complaining. Netrition is the best!
* These buns are excellent as a low carb alternative. They are soft but have a spongier, chewier texture. I like to lightly toast them. All the GLCB company products are good as long as they are understood to be substitutes and not exact replacements for the starchy high carb breads. Recommended!
* I'm type 2 diabetic and have to eat low carb now. Never tried low carb bread before ordering this and the cinnamon bread. The buns are dense, chewy and spongy with flax seeds throughout but taste OK. Not the same as a regular hot dog bun but a good substitute for them. I also split one and used it to make a French bread pizza. It was excellent for this use and made a great individual pizza crust!