* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
4/5May 04, 2014
Reviewer: Thomas in California
* The first pack of these was 5 stars all the way, the second pack wasn't even close. There seems to be some issues with quality control with some of their products. The first pack of buns were almost 2 inches thick and were light and tasty. They toasted up perfectly and had a nice texture. The second pack I got was completely underproofed. They were about 1 inch thick and were really dense and tough. It was actually difficult to bite through them. If I had gotten these first I would have never ordered them again. It's a shame that it's such a crapshoot and they aren't more consistent.
* The hamburger buns have the same dense texture as the bagels and the same great taste. So far, I've only toasted and buttered one, then sprinkled it with a bit of garlic and a bit of Parmesan cheese. They will work PERFECTLY with spaghetti, lasagna, or just about any other hot dish you'd normally have French or sourdough bread with. I'm guessing the dinner rolls will be very much like the hamburger buns but probably smaller. I just wish they weren't so expensive!! If the price ever drops, I'll give these a full 5 stars.
* These buns are a major component of my low carb diabetic diet and have never put my blood sugar level over the desired limit. I use them not only for hamburgers but also for other sandwiches with cold meats and vegetable garnish. Now that I am used to them, I scarcely notice that they are low carb, though the texture is slightly different from standard hamburger buns, and the price is certainly very much higher. In my situation I find this is worthwhile. I prefer cold-table European lunches and I have not had to give them up. Neither have I had to give up excellent home made hamburgers. I rate them four out of five because they could still be better, but so far they are the best I have found. I really miss them when I am abroad.
* Very nice to have a low-carb hamburger bun that is not sweet, unlike the other low-carb bun I've tried. It is a bit like a bagel in texture & toasted up nicely on a skillet. I will continue to buy through Netrition!
* What a good substitute when you want a hamburger but don't want the carbs that come with a traditional bun. These are a little smaller than a typical bun and they are not as fluffy as I would like, but they do hold the burger well and has a neutral taste. I usually buy 3 packs at a time and use them for anything one might use a traditional bun for.