* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5May 02, 2008
Reviewer: A customer in Michigan
* I will admit that I am a picky eater. Some people who are less picky may not have experienced the problems I did with this product.
This mix smelled disgusting when it was prepared, while it was baking, and after it was done. The texture was gross and the taste was even worse.
I am an admitted "carb-a-holic," and this item did not replace a real biscuit in any way, shape, or form.
* Really awful. This has a terrible chemical smell and taste that not even sausage gravy could hide. I threw them out. I gave it a 1 because my daughter said they weren't terrible, but only ate half of one. I can make much better low carb biscuits without this mix.
* Made these biscuits this morning to go with my delicious low carb sausage gravy recipe. The biscuits were grainy and tasted like egg. Even thought these are not cheap, I do not see myself using this mix again so I threw away the second bag.
* Horrible, spongy, oddly-colored objects with hardly any resemblance to biscuits! And very expensive. I'll have to find some other use for the second packet, because I won't be wasting eggs and butter on this again, and it is so expensive that I don't want to just pitch it in the garbage.
* I was so excited to try this product based on the positive reviews I read but my excitement soon gave way to total disappointment. This was the worst thing I have ever put in my mouth. It may be okay for recipes calling for bisquick but as just a biscuit, no way.