* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
2/5April 15, 2012
Reviewer: Carol in Texas
* I have been a low carber for a while now. Thought I would give this pasta a try. I keep my carbs at 30 or below everyday, calories at 1,200 or less and use Ketone strips to make sure I am still in ketosis. Everytime I eat just 1 serving of this pasta counting only 30 or less carbs for the day it throws me out of ketosis? I wish, like others this pasta was truly low carb, but does not appear to be as it has thrown me out of ketosis each and every time I eat it. AND... I normally gain at least a couple of pounds?? It tastes great, but I will finish up what I have and not buy any more.
* I loved the taste and texture of the pasta- just like regular pasta. But as a diabetic on an insulin pump, I have to use the total carb count to input into my pump for my insulin bolus- not the "digestible carbs". I did that... and even still, this pasta ran my blood sugar through the roof. So although this is a great tasting product, it is not for me- I threw the rest out so I wouldn't be tempted. If you are diabetic, please be cautious.
* When placing my order, this came up as low carb. They are not! I made it tonight for dinner, and didn't think to look at the carb count until after I made it. Well, it has 36 net grams. I can only eat 40 grams of carbs a day, so therefore, I have just ruined my diet. Thanks! The regular spaghetti noodles I have in the pantry have 38 grams. This is the reason these taste good and so much like the real thing!
* This pasta tastes great and is high in fiber. However, like many who have used it I discovered it affects blood sugar levels the same way normal pasta does. In my own tests, this pasta quickly took me out of ketosis. This makes me wonder if it is really low carb as claimed.